I have had these recurring dreams since I was very little. Nothing much happens of consequence, its more of a spatial/visceral experience rather then a sequence of events. In these dreams there are aggregations of one particular thing that build up and break down. The objects have spanned categories, from light bulbs to dirt, from sticks to gooey gel. Sometimes this experience is associated with a sound of buzzing and a feeling of anxiety.
The aggregation of one particular material, in a waking reality, is particularly beautiful to me. The limitations of that material actually opens up realms of possibilities and opportunities to play within those boundaries. This is what Aaron Brode, my Design Principles instructor, was trying to tell me that very first semester. I was too tired, to shell shocked, and too stubborn to see it.
Here is a woman whose work does a great job with this notion: Tara Donovan
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment